- Coco Before Chanel. It's very Twilight Zone using the English title... Anyway, I've been wanting to watch this exquisite film recently and yesterday I finally reached a point where I just need to calm a llama down. Maybe I fled to it because it has such an enchanting score (listen to it on a daily basis? moi?... oui!) or gorgeous scenery and costumes or the fact that the French language instantly puts me à l'aise or simply that I needed the kind of good yet devastating cry that only a period piece can deliver... But whatever it was, it did the trick. I'm just kidding. We all know it was Alessandro Nivola speaking French! I mean... bonjour!
- Elastic Hair Thingamabobs. I may not know what they're called, but I have pledged my allegiance to them for over a year now! This is all I use for working out these days. No more bands busting on me in the middle of a run, no sir! Sadly they can be a bit expensive in my local boutiques. But just when I was going to crack and splurge on another one, my friend Jennifer sent me a boatload! I shrieked. I shrieked over elastic hair thingamabobs! You want thingamabobs? I've got twenty!
- Macadamia Nut Hershey's Kisses. Did you know they had these? Did you? Did you?!?! Well I did. Just one of many perks of having a pilot for a dad! But I warn you-- a moment on the lips, forever in a daydreaming vortex of sunny days spent watching your exquisi-cute surfer boyfriend Kai out on the waves as you perfect impossible-to-shake-your-hips-that-fast hula dance moves on the beach.
- Play Date Essie Nail Polish. After months and months of holding the must-have-all-the-colors monster at bay, I finally broke down in Dallas the other weekend and snatched this up. I've been eying it for ages and I've got to say, I don't feel guilty for caving at all! This is just a fun springy shade and I'm going to be using it non-stop.
- Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil. I'd describe how wonderful this tinted balm is, but I'm too busy pursing my lips together... mmm...
Like I said, I've been in dire need of anything and everything that can get me to chill out this week. So I've been running with arms outstretched to my lullaby of the week, Needtobreathe's soulful "Washed By The Water." I'm talking on a constant loop. Whenever I start to FREAK OUT, I pull out this puppy like a good old-fashioned tranquilizer gun. Bam! Instant calm. I think I might need to have another listen right now, actually...
Sweet dreams, moonbeams!