- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. I have been slowwwwly chipping away at this since New Year's. I just have a very difficult time reading non-fiction and chapters on things like marriage and kiddos made it all too easy to leave it to the dust bunnies. But now I've gotten to topics like taking time to be silly, starting collections, and being generous to friends, so I've been reaching for it a lot more often this week.
- Maybelline Baby Lips Pink Wink Lip Balm. I got this on a whim the other day and ohmahgosh what did I ever do without it? It goes on like chapstick, but has enough of a sheer pink tint to make me feel like I'm making an effort. Ha. I might be in serious danger of running back and buying every single shade! But who am I kidding? I have foreseen it!
- Red Enamel "Take A Bow" Kate Spade Ring. This is probably my happiest outlet purchase to date. Not only do I have fun memories of that day, but, hello, I'm a Kate Spade junkie and it was less than $20. I've taken to wearing this on my lefty middle finger recently as my righty ring finger is otherwise preoccupied with yet another Kate Spade ring... Oopsies! Anyway, I've gotten a lot of compliments on this one this week, so here it is!
- Fresh Dates. You know what I buy in bulk at Costco? Dates. Weird, I know. But I suffer from chronic sweet tooth syndrome and they make for the perfect substitute to the bag of chocolates hidden away in my desk drawer. They're so sweet naturally, they kick the craving like it's nothing and I don't feel guilty after answering their siren call. That being said, I've been known to go out of control eating these in the past, so I do have to portion them out and throw the container back into the refrigerator before I take a little bowl upstairs.
- Le Cupcake Graphique Stationery. My best friend Ali gifted this set to me a while ago and I still use it all the time. She and I daydream of opening our own bakery one day (complete with a music venue in the basement and a suite for guests upstairs, of course, because we're realists) and that thought always puts a smile on my face whenever I pull it out and see that cupcake with all the flavors listed in français. Anyway, I've been trying to make a conscious effort of being more proactive about sending little notes to friends and family lately. Because I love a lot of people and I dwell on that a lot on my own, but it's important to say these things!
Ever since NaNoWriMo, I've had a much harder time with songs with lyrics. That's how used to getting in the zone and writing with reckless abandon with a movie score in the background I was. It just became the norm. This week has seen me revert back into that a bit more again. So this week my lullaby has been Christophe Beck's "The Spigot" from Under the Tuscan Sun. Oh... oh the sun-kissed and sunflower-lined dreams this conjures up! Does anyone else fancy a trip to the Italian countryside right about now? I have a bottle opener, so I'd say we're all packed and ready to "buongiorno!"
Sweet dreams, moonbeams!