- The Paris Wife by Paula McLain. This has been on my list ever since I read Hemingway's A Moveable Feast, which is one of my favorite books in the world. I'm only eight chapters in so far, but I'm a bit lovestruck. I often refer to Paris as the love of my life, so any story that opens with "Though I often looked for one, I finally had to admit that there could be no cure for Paris" is going to have my heart.
- Scottish dialect coasters. When I was 21, I interned in Edinburgh for the summer and I simply couldn't leave that magical place without investing in a few of these at the welcome center by the Princes Street Gardens. I've always got one or two floating about. Galoot means bumbling fool or awkward and clumsy, in case you were wondering! Aren't they fun?
- EOS Organic Lip Balm. I'm using sweet mint at the moment and absolutely loving it, but I've got my eyes peeled for honeysuckle.
- Kate Spade Ivonne Eyeglasses. I've been wanting a new pair for ages and when I saw these in tortoise saffron... Sold!
- Chocolove Toffee & Almonds in Milk Chocolate. Though more of a dark chocolate purist, I'm kind of glad my Whole Foods was sold out. This is the most divine companion to a little late night reading.
And what are a few evening essentials without a lullaby? Tonight Al Lewis will be singing me to sleep with "Make a Little Room," which was recommended to me by my sweet friend Katie. Ah! She knows me so well!
What's on your nightstand? Sweet dreams, moonbeams!