Friday, January 11, 2013

The Lizzie Trap & PROXIMITY

Can I just talk about the most recent episode of The Lizzie Bennet Diaries for a sec? CAN SOMEBODY JUST HOLD ME?! It was only the last episode that we finally met Darcy's little sister Gigi aka insta-fictional-BFF. Despite all of Lizzie's anti-Darcy gusto in the past, Gigi seems to be shipping her with her big brother just like the rest of the fandom. So thank you, Gigi! Thank you for this:
 
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHDKLFJSLKDFJSLJLSKDJFSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was not prepared! I was not prepared! Sure, it was bound to happen sooner or later given Gigi's entrance into the story, but... AH!
OMG! ZOMG!
As soon as this happened, I was breaking out the smelling salts. Then... wait for it...
There he was! After a seventeen episode hiatus! Hallelujah, the much-missed awkward-turtle-ness has returned! First off, they can barely look at each other at the same time. But in a good way! Particularly Lizzie's up-down at 3:50. That moment just scah-reams that her feelings are "quite the opposite." And the episode was overflowing with my favorite thing... PROXIMITY!
Darcy just kept leaning in closer and closer. But was that line about the hills in the city being unforgiving just to show how similar he and the insta-likable Gigi are or a clue that he watched last week's episode? I don't know, but I like it! They're obviously stiff and uncomfortable, but their eyes are FULL OF SOFTENED FEELINGS! Haha. And then of course...
THE MOST PROXIMITOUS OF ALL THE PROXIMITIES!!!!!
THERE WAS THIS MOMENT! It was over almost before it began, but... AHHHHHHHHHHFDKLFJSLDKFJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not stop squealing! I can't applaud these webisodes enough. Back when they started in April, having the advantage over her of knowing how the story goes, it was easy to dismiss Lizzie's rants about Darcy. But when he finally made an appearance in episode 59, her opinion suddenly made sense. He wasn't insta-likable. And for once I really got a good understanding of Lizzie's frame of mind. This week was episode 78. And it's taken that long for me to warm up to this guy. Just like her! And it's so refreshing to see the way it's played out so far. Tiny moments hinting at a changed opinion stitched together with missed glances and awkward pauses. I love it! I love it! I love it! Can't wait to see more of them together on screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment