Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Terrible idea... Don't you just love those?

The quote is from Under the Tuscan Sun (which I luuuuurrrrrrv for inexplicable reasons (I want to remodel a villa in Tuscany, ok?!)) and while it wasn't necessarily a terrible idea... You know what I love? Last minute decisions. I made one last night and it involved some major SWERVING of the ultra cool mini van. Here are the results:


Some people think it's really cheesy. But I've been documenting where my feet have wandered off to since college. And you know what? "I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life." Anyway...


I was walking along thinking, 'It's amazing what you can do with twenty minutes! Why have I never done this before?' All that rushing around? This is what I need in between. A breather. I'd walked down for a stretch, eyed the clock and saw it was time to turn around, and when I did...


AHHHHDFKSJDFLKSJDLFKSDL!!!!!!!!! There was a rainbow! I started squealing. I threw my hands up in the air. I began laughing. Maybe did a jig. Said, "Oh God!" over and over, because I just couldn't believe it. And then I squinted a little harder and saw that...


It was really a double rainbow! A DOUBLE RAINBOW! Man! God is good. It was such a special moment. Normally, I'd have been holed up in a coffee shop passing the time, but something made me turn to the beach instead and I'm so glad I did.


I only wish I'd had a proper camera on me to capture it all better, because every which way looked sensational.


I mean...


HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


So I just want to encourage you to be impulsive! Really! If you hear a little voice telling you to turn in the opposite direction or order something different or smile at that complete stranger, just do it and see what happens. Who knows? You might find yourself ankle deep in the ocean, staring down a double rainbow.

2 comments: