Wednesday, May 29, 2013

What's On My Nightstand

  • Soft Moleskine Ruled Journal. As I recently told you, life's been a little crazy lately. So I've been documenting all these changes like mad. Still a long way to go yet, but I love the process. I've always been partial to these journals; this one's my... fourth? fifth? I love cramming them full of everything from movie tickets to fortunes and general paper-y clutter.
  • iTunes Gift Card. I've definitely been in a musical funk recently, but after this vacation... ahhhh!!!! Inspiration! Must buy all the songs!!!!!
  • Fighter Plane Gummies. These were part of the welcome bag for out-of-towners at my friend Danielle's wedding. I mean, she just married an Air Force pilot, so these are pretty perfect, right? Also... I just ate them all while writing this blog post! I'm a little hyper!!!!
  • Pineapple Crush Candle by Tyler Candle Company. My friend Anne gave this to me for my birthday last week. How sweet! No really, it smells really sweet! The scent lingers long after it's lit and I really like that, I must say. Plus it smells like her place and makes me think of her, which is also nice.
  • Maybelline Baby Lips Grape Vine. I know, I know... But I'm obsessed with these! At first the deep purply shade scared me off, but really it goes on like balm and doesn't make a glaring difference in my lip color. It's just lovely and smells good too!

Thanks to my handy iTunes card, most of the music I've purchased recently has been upbeat pop. So lullabies are few and far between this week. If I had to choose one, I'd say it's probably "The One You'll Find" by Shane & Shane... Actually that one's upbeat too! Ah well. Sadly I can't find a link to the whole song anywhere, so you'll just have to trust me... and download it! I wouldn't lead you astray, I promise.

What's on your nightstand these days?

Sweet dreams, moonbeams!

3 comments:

  1. I love how smells can make us think about someone within a second! :)

    My nightstand is currently covered with various handcreams. My poor hands are dry like the desert. There's always my Kindle on top, of course. Which is more important than cream. One can survive with dry skin but not without books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gummies!! A and I are obsessed with scoring weird and wacky gummies when we go to small towns or candy shops. I love these!

    p.s. been thinking of you since your last big decision post. hope all is well!

    <3 eileen
    http://leanerbythelake.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That candle sounds devine! Who doesn't love a good pineapple smell? Yummy!

    P.S.- Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete