Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What's On My Nightstand

  • Howl's Moving Castle. This is one of the first films I saw when I first moved to Baltimore, thanks to a glowing recommendation from my cousin, and I've been looking for my own copy ever since. So when my friend Sarah showed up on my doorstep with it as an early birthday gift, I STARTED SCREAMING! Best!! This story has my heart; everything from the plot to the character flaws to the visuals and voices are golden. I've had this on in the background as I pack my bags tonight and I've been swooning over the score like mad!
  • Kate Spade Gold Doodles Pen Necklace. I've been a sucker for Joan's style on Mad Man since the moment she graced the screen. So naturally, I couldn't resist splurging on a gold pen necklace like hers a while back. This is one of my few staples and I've been giving it some unabashed favoritism this week.
  • Tazo Organic Apple Red Tea. I don't know why this stuff is so hard to find up north, but my mom is constantly bringing boxes of this to me whenever she visits me up here. The pesky cold weather is hanging on for dear life, so I'm still indulging in a cup every night. This taste will never get old! It makes me think of home...
  • Salted & Roasted Peanuts With Shells. There's just something the process of snapping the peanuts out of the shells that makes me enjoy them so much more! Oh man... makes me want to go to a Braves game! *tomahawk chop*
And the lullaby this week? "Shoot the Moon." I can't tell you why, but I've been on the biggest old school Norah Jones kick recently. The whole Come Away With Me album is so comforting, I just want to melt under my covers and... zzzzz...

Sweet dreams, moonbeams!

2 comments:

  1. that's such a great necklace! and mad men is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pen necklace!!! P.S. Here's the etsy shop where i grabbed up mine: http://www.etsy.com/listing/109997573/joan-holloway-pencil-necklace-no-57?ref=pr_faveitems

    Also, A's been trying to get me to watch Anime, which it looks like this is, so I'm going to suggest this for some weekend viewing...if I can tear myself away from LOST. HA.

    God I love these posts, Sally. Keep 'em coming!

    -Eileen
    http://leanerbythelake.com

    ReplyDelete