Tuesday, November 26, 2013

And still I dream...

I dream of being far, far away from here. I dream of peace. And quiet. A stillness that lasts, stretching on for days. I dream of hearts and dear faces that light up over cups of coffee. I dream of time to myself. To do with as I please. I dream of a place of my own, a little nest I call The Bird House. I'll make one big meal on Sunday and eat it for days. By myself. Possibly in tube socks. I'll be able to pick up a book, snuggle in, and actually finish it. And then maybe after a good long nap, or a string of ten or twenty, my fingers will start to itch with stories... with characters that have been so wretchedly shooed to the back burner for the time being. And I'll have time to weave their tales together and take pride in the work I care about most. And I'll be free. Free to do what I want, when I want, how I want, with whoever  want. Free as a bird. Planning trips to France, popping champagne with friends, laughing with family, reading, writing, running, humming, and I'll be me again. And I hope I'll always be grateful and I hope I'll always show it and be quick to love when it's not easy and quick to help when things get hard. And I'm hoping and willing and dreaming it comes sooner rather than later. I know adversity is a good thing in the end. I get that this is essential and temporary. But man, oh man, I'm dreaming of better days. Days that seem so impossibly out of reach. And still I dream...

"Keep your head up, keep your heart strong." - Ben Howard

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautifully written post... Better days will surely come, Sally. Keep on dreaming and it'll all come true!

    ReplyDelete