Wednesday, September 11, 2013

les petites choses

Well! Needless to say I have not yet perfected this juggling act. Me time? What's that? It sounds positively delightful! If I can steal an hour- nay! five minutes away for myself, I consider it a triumph. Exhausting as all that may be, I have come to savor these stolen moments even more. The little things are so much sweeter to me now. 

The little things I love most all seem to start and end at the beach, or rather, the ocean. I like to stand there, take out my headphones, and just look out and feel small and big all at once.


If it's a day where I've guzzled down three cups of coffee to no desired effect, the waves crashing at my feet rejuvenate me like some fountain on youth. More and more, I'm trying to incorporate this into my daily routine whether it's quiet time, my morning run, or a nice long walk with my best friend. I love it there. I love it, love it, love it. Ah! Just leave me there, will you? I want more evenings that look like this...

 

Other than that it's getting library cards, making up frappuccino recipes with Ali, squeezing in a classic film, fro-yo runs with the girls, the boys asking for advice or how my day went, new Coldplay songs, Skype dates, and peanut butter. And so I'm magnifying all these tiny little things so I don't fall under the weight of all the big things. Some days even positivity takes an enormous amount of effort and energy, though, so wish me luck with those silver linings! 


3 comments:

  1. It is ALWAYS the little things that make me happy, regardless of what sort of stress I happen to be enduring...or not. Classic films and fro-yo and the beach? Those are great things to look forward to and savor.

    xx

    eileen ragan | leaner by the lake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this post! Good luck with everything, Sally! The ocean is such an inspiring place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're making it through! These pictures are just STUNNING.

    ReplyDelete