Friday, December 7, 2012

one week later

It's hard to believe that NaNoWriMo has been over for a week now. I'm still in shock. I've not touched my story since then, but it's still on my mind 24/7... which might explain why I burst out crying at my desk yesterday. A sweeping score, an epic preview for a movie, everything still draws me back to B and her great adventure.
(x)

Here are some random NaNoWriMo stats of mine taken from the last month...

  • words written: 51,943
  • characters I had not anticipated: 8
  • tearful breakdowns the final week: 10
  • nights spent away from my desk: 6
  • jars of Speculoos consumed: 1
  • activities crossed off my list of 101 Things in 1,001 Days: 2
  • tweets about One Direction: 9
  • care packages received: 3
  • song most played: "Chasing the Storm" by Patrick Doyle
So to answer the looming question, no, the story is not finished. I will blaze through the rest as soon as possible so I can have one messy rough draft, but first I have to finish grad school applications. Yay!!! My work is just beginning. But I'm still trying my hardest to bask in that same glowing sense of accomplishment I felt right around midnight on November 29th. I can't believe I actually did it!

P.S. Speaking of everything setting me off, you know since I'm basically a walking Allstate commercial i.e. "emotionally compromised teenage girl," this video went straight to my heart today. I feel rather delirious after watching it. The majority of the places I pinned on my secret pin board for my story were of Iceland. So many of these locations look like they tumbled straight out of my story... I would give anything to go!

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh, congratulations!! This is amazingly huge! I was thinking about doing NaNo this year but things were far too hectic that I didn't dare attempt it. I can only imagine the awesome feeling of accomplishment - you should relish in the feeling for as long as possible :D

    ReplyDelete